Jan Anthonisz. Kuijst and Marieken Aert Willemsdr.
Jan Anthonisz Kuijst married Marieken Aert Willemsdr. Jan died before 1693. Marieken's will was dated 29 January 1623. She was living in Andel, North Brabant, Netherlands and was probably buried, according to her wishes, at the Church of Neer Andel, Andel, North Brabant, Netherlands. Marieken was probably the daughter of Aernout Willemsz. Jan was probably the son of Theunis Jansz Kuijsten and the grandson of Jan Kuijsten, both of whom are said to be mentioned in Andel records (Theunis in 1545, 1570, and 1571 and Jan in 1532 and 1533).
Jan and Marieken's children:
- IJken Jan Kuijsten, married Heijman Guijsberts.
- Teuntgen Jan Kuijsten, married Leendert Dircxsz.
- Aert Jansz Kuijst, married Jenneken Anthonis Matheusdr, died before 1623.
- Lijntgen Jan Kuysten, married Anthonis Cornelis, died before 1623.
- Notes of Jos de Kloe, taken and translated from the will of Maricken Aert Willemsdr., Woudrichem R467. 
Woudrichem R467 (old inventory number was 137) last will and testament dated 29-1-1623, composed before schout Willem Cornelisz. Helmont, tot Andel, and schepenen Philips van Zevender en Jan Jansz. den Ouden, tot Andel
Notes on the Will of Marieken Aert Willemsdr.
Heijman Ghijsberts, husband of IJken Jan Kuijsten and Leendert Dircxsz, husband
- Marieken Aert Willemsdr., widow of Jan Anthonisz. Kuijst, living in Andel, ill of body, etc.
- she must be buried in the church of NeerAndel
- she forbids her heirs or children to sell any of the inherited goods. Her heirs are only allowed to use it and keep the profit. If one of her heirs dies without children, their part that was inherited by him/her must be given back to the other heirs.
- the heirs are:
of Teuntgen Jan Kuijsten, sons-in-law, and daughters of Mariken.
50 guilders to the church of NeerAndel
- the [before named] sons-in-law are also guardians over Jan and Margrietgen, orphan children of the deceased Aert Jansz Kuijst, late son of Mariken, and Jenneken Anthonis Matheusdr and over Lijntje, daughter of Anthonis Cornelisz and the deceased Lijntgen Jan Kuijsten, late daughter of Marike.
- finally 150 guilders have to be invested in obligations.
- When she dies the money has to be given away as follows:
50 guilders to the poor of Andel
50 guilders to Henrixken Herman Huijberts
Source: de Kloe, dr. Jos, Notes (taken in Dutch and translated into English) on the will of Marieken Aert Willemsdr., as found in Wourichem R467.
 Refers to the court records of Woudrichem. R is short for Rechterlijk archief and 467 refers to the book number in the inventory. These records are kept at the archives at Heusden.
© 2015 by Michelle Boyd, All rights reserved.
Return: Home > Ennis > Kuijsten
Last updated 20 June 2015.