Sebastian Schönberger and Magdalena Schäfer
Sebastian Schönberger was born about 1811 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia to (Johann Jonas?) Schönberger and Elisabeta Kohlman. Sebastian married Magdalena Schäfer. Madgalena was born 18 April 1814 in Graf, Samara, Russia to Nikolaus Schäfer and Dorothea Schmidt. She was baptized 19 April 1814 in Graf, Samara, Russia.
Sebastian and Magdalena’s children are:
- Johannes Schönberger, born about 1834 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia.
- Margaretha Schönberger, born about 1838 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia.
- Georg Schönberger, born about 1843 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia.
- Anna Eva Schönberger, born about 1845 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia, married Johannes Hoffman (b. 12 Oct 1843 in Graf, Samara, Russia to Michael Hoffmann and Anna Maria Kuhn, m. 2) Anna Maria Kolbeck and 3) Anna Maria Biehn) 12 October 1863 in Rohleder, Mariental, Samara, Russia.
- Franz Peter Schönberger, born about 1848 in Rohleder, Samara, Russia.
- Rohleder church records in the Saratov Province State Archive, research by Dr. Igor Pleve, November 2019, translation by Wadim Eichmann.
- Leus, Pavel M. (trans.) and Rupp, Kevin D., Rohleder, Russia (Raskaty): A Census of a Colony, July 28, 1850, Hays, KS, 2002. Not copied below due to copyright considerations.
- Graf church records in Russian state archives, research by Dr. Igor Pleve, January 2020, communicated by Wadim Eichmann. Transcribed by Michelle Boyd.
Colony: idem [Krutojarovka]
Ao Dni 1814 die 19 Aprils Ego IF Cornet baptisari infantem pridie natam no[min]e Magdalena filiam LL CC Nicholai Schaefer et Dorothea Schmidt patrini fuere Jacob Schaefer et Magdalena Graaff [oes?] ex Krutoj.
Translation: 19 April 1814 AD, I, IF Cornet, baptized an infant born the day before, named Magdalena, daughter of legitimate spouses Nicholai Schaefer and Dorothea Schmidt. Godparents were Jacob Schaefer and Magdalena Graaff [?] from Krutojarovka [Graf].
Name: Magdalena Schaefer
Source: Graf church records in Russian state archives, research by Dr. Igor Pleve, January 2020, communicated by Wadim Eichmann. Transcribed by Michelle Boyd.
Column 1: Hoffmann
Column 2: 34 (Index of record in current month)
Column 3: 12 (day of month)
Column 4: 12.10.1863 in Raskaty (Rohleder) Romic Catholic Church priest Gibusz announced
three times, which were made on 27th of September, 30th of September and 10th of October.
Column 5: Colonist Johann Hoffmann, young man (in this case means unmarried before), 20
years old, from colony Krutoyarovka (Graf) of Raskaty (Rohleder) Parish with maiden Anna Eva
Schönberger, 18 years old, from colony Raskaty (Rohleder) of same parish married.
Column 6: Colonists Michael Hoffmann and Anna Maria Kun, legal spouses's son and
Sebastian Schönberger and Magdalena Schäfer, legal spouses's daughter with witnesses
Gottfried Bollich (?), Peter Scharrn (?), Peter Schmidt.
Source: Rohleder church records in the Saratov Province State Archive, research by Dr. Igor Pleve, November 2019, translation by Wadim Eichmann (with revision 26 Jan 2020).
© 2020 by Michelle Boyd, All rights reserved.
Return: Home > Mahler > Knoll
Last updated 17 February 2020.