Georg Friedrich Kohlmann and Katharina --
Georg Friedrich Kohlmann was born 1722 in Zweibrücken, Rheinland Palatinate, Germany. Georg Friedrich married Katharina --. Katharina was born about 1719, probably also in Zweibrücken.
Georg Friedrich was listed as a farmer. He was a Lutheran while Katharina was a Catholic. The family settled at Rohleder, Samara, Russia 14 July 1766.
Georg Friedrich and Katharina's child is:
- Maria Elisabeth Kohlmann, born about 1749 in Zweibrücken, Rheinland Palatinate, Germany.
- Hans Georg Kohlmann, born about 1752 in Zweibrücken, Rheinland Palatinate, Germany, married Maria Magdalena Junker (bp. 11 Nov 1759 in Becherbach, Rheinland Palatinate, Germany to Johann Nikolaus Junker and Anna Margarethe --.
- Johann Nikolaus Kohlmann, born about 1755 in Zweibrücken, Rheinland Palatinate, Germany, married 1) -- -- and 2) Anna Maria Faubel (b. abt. 1771 in Louis, Samara, Russia), living (apparently temporarily) in Herzog, Samara, Russia with his wife and children in 1798, where he had been hired as a shepherd.
- Pleve, Igor, Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet 1764-1767, Band 4 (Kolonien Reinhardt - Warenburg), Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 2008.
- Mai, Brent Alan, 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture, Volumes 1 and 2, Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999.
First Settlers List
(russischer Ortsname: Raskaty)
gegründet am 14. Juni 1766
34. Kohlmann, Georg Friedrich, 44, luth., Ackerbauer aus Zweibrücken
Frau: Katharina, 47, kath.
Kinder: Hans Georg, 14; Johann Nicolaus, 11; Maria Elisabeth, 17
in der Kolonie eingetroffen am 14.7.1766
erhalten von der Kanzlei in Petersburg 20 Rbl., von der Voevodenkanzlei in Saratov 150 Rbl.
1768 gab es in der Wirtschaft 2 Pfd., 2 Kühe, gepflügt: 1,5 Des., gesät: 1 Četvert' Roggen und 2 Četvertik Roggen
Source: Pleve, Igor, Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet 1764-1767, Band 4 (Kolonien Reinhardt - Warenburg), Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 2008.
1798 Russian Census
Rl10 Nikolaus Kahlman h 39 in Herzog with family where he was hired by the local inhabitants as a shepherd
Anna Maria Faubel sp 27 from Louis
Johannes s 9
Elisabeth d 10
Anna Elisabeth d 3
Maria Elisabeth d 1
Katharina d 14 daughter by his deceased wife
Rl30 Georg Kohlmann h 41
Magdalena Junker sp 42
Elisabeth d 20
Johann Jonas Schönberger sl 28 from Herzog
Katharina gd 2
Planted - 1796/1797
Rye: 1 chetvert
Wheat: 4 chetvert
Barley: 1 chetvert
Oats: 4 chetverik
Potatoes: 1 chetvert
Harvested - 1797
Rye: 6 chetvert
Wheat: 25 chetvert
Barley: 4 chetvert
Oats: 7 chetvert
Potatoes: 1 chetvert
Source: Mai, Brent Alan, 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture, Volumes 1 and 2, Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999.
© 2020 by Michelle Boyd, All rights reserved.
Return: Home > Mahler > Knoll
Last updated 18 February 2020.